Modi busy shooting film after Pulwama attack?

The Congress which had unequivocally supported the ruling BJP and Modi in the wake of the deadly attack on CRPF personnel on 14.2.2019 in J&K, today, on 21.2.2019 accused the Prime Minister of “misplaced priorities”. Rahul Gandhi claimed that Modi was busy shooting for a film hours after the attack on February 14 and thus the PM’s “lust for power holds more importance than soldiers”.

Attacking the BJP President for politicizing the Pulwama attack, the Congress party took on the BJP on multiple counts. It accused the PM of continuing shooting for a film in Jim Corbett National Park till evening even after the Pulwama attack happened in the afternoon of 14.2.2019.  The  Congress’ chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala also spoke about the repeated use of the 2018 “surgical strikes” for politics and propaganda.

Rahul Gandhi went a step further and met R.S.Hooda, the Lietenant-General  behind the surgical strikes last year and  said that he will lead the party’s task force to set up a vision paper on India’s national security. They will give valuable suggestions regarding better border protection. In December 2018, Hooda had said the “surgical strikes” were overhyped.